[LFS Trac] #2056: Consider using --disable-shared for gcc pass 1

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 11 21:16:18 PDT 2008

LFS Trac wrote:
> #2056: Consider using --disable-shared for gcc pass 1
> --------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
>  Reporter:  jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org  |        Owner:  dj at linuxfromscratch.org
>      Type:  enhancement                     |       Status:  closed
> Changes (by dj at linuxfromscratch.org):
>
>   * status:  assigned => closed
>   * resolution:  => fixed
>
> Comment:
>
>  Fixed in r8647.

[Football game over :-) ]

In my opinion, this puts the objective of releasing the new
version at the end of the month sort of at risk. Perhaps I'm
being too concerned about it, but changing the build of a
toolchain package a couple weeks before release is risky.

I'm not saying the change is a bad thing, I just think it
interferes with Bruce's release schedule.

--
Randy