Udev Rules

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 14 19:21:44 PDT 2008

DJ Lucas wrote:
> They are already there by default, except for the 3 extras that we copy
> in.  So, if we change the copy commands for the three extras from the
> udev tarball, are we as close to agreement as possible?  LFS provided
> rules still live in /etc/udev/rules.d.

Oops!  ;-)  Imagine that...following the INSTALL file (which I've read
over a few times) will give a working udev.  FYI, I moved the 3
distributed rule files to /lib/udev/rules.d as instructed by upstream.
I also did the installation as recommended in the INSTALL file.
Results:  no need to move the .pc files, no need to move the .so files,
and the 'rmdir(//dev) device or resource busy' messages are gone.  If
you've installed udev in the past week, please remove (assuming you now
have a favorite package manager, or at least an installation logging
tool) and reinstall using the new instructions.

-- DJ Lucas