glibc-2.8-20080929 build fails in Chapter 5

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 15 06:54:10 PDT 2008

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Thanks Jeremy. At least it's reproducible.   Have you built glibc without the
> switch in Chapter 6?

Not yet. I got hit with another issue after that, and then got busy
again with work. Since you're able to use jhalfs on your host (jhalfs
rejects most versions of everything on my system), I'd be curious to see
what happens to your build if you add that switch in gcc pass1. I wonder
if it would just break again later in the build or if it really is
something from the environment that is causing the issue.

--
JH