glibc-2.8-20080929 build fails in Chapter 5

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:50:19 PDT 2008

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> I don't know what happens with the rest of the build (because I haven't
> gotten that far yet in my tests) but if you build gcc pass1 with
> --disable-libssp, this message disappears and glibc finishes its build.

OK, that worked.  I'm now into Chapter 6 and past glibc and gcc.  I did not use
the switch for Chapter 5 - GCC Pass2 or Chapter 6.

One note about jhalfs:  In 067-glibc (Chapter 6), it prints out

   malloc: using debugging hooks

in the middle of the build and gives a 2nd progress line.  It appears harmless.

   -- Bruce