Teminal issues in -dev

Trent Shea trent.shea at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:17:48 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 19:56:44 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Actually the issue only comes up if the user uses jhalfs or reboots
> or umounts /dev.  I'd just like to make it easier than having to
> remember an obscure command.

True. There is a note in 6.61. Cleaning Up, but the only reason I
remember it is from reading about the issue on the list another time,
and the fact that I ran into the passwd issue a day or so earlier.

Strictly speaking, I think the warning in the book may be enough. I
haven't really looked at jhalfs, so this may be way off, but would it
be possible to add the required command there?

Also, my lack of /dev leads me to question how far would you be able to
continue on with BLFS with just the three nodes? ie. if you really want
to do anything with the system do you need to bind /dev anyhow?

Trent.