New Linux Headers method

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 16 18:27:10 PDT 2008

Just FYI:

Seems that the headers_install (and therefore headers_check) command in
the kernel source is a now a Perl script. This appears to be new in 2.6.27.x

See here: http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/8/29

There is a problem, however. The script uses open() but with 3 arguments
instead of 2. From what I've found so far, this change in syntax was
introduced in perl-5.8.0, so the installation of Linux Headers fails if
the host's version of perl is < 5.8.0. I'm investigating possibilities,
such as modifying the script to use two parameters, but at least for
now, adding a minimal perl to /tools beforehand solves the issue.

--
JH