Toolchain Adjustment broken?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 19 17:07:24 PDT 2008

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> With the upgrade to gcc 4.3.2, I believe the section in the toolchain
> adjustment in chapter 5 that deals with fixed includes is broken. For
> those of you that have recently built with jhalfs, I'd appreciate it if
> you'd look in your logs to verify that the following commands have
> actually done anything:
>
> GCC_INCLUDEDIR=`dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)`/include &&
> find ${GCC_INCLUDEDIR}/* -maxdepth 0 -xtype d -exec rm -rvf '{}' \; &&
> rm -vf `grep -l "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE" ${GCC_INCLUDEDIR}/*` &&
> unset GCC_INCLUDEDIR
>
> I believe that this is because the 'fixed includes' we're trying to
> remove are now actually stored in the equivalent of:
>
> `dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)`/include-fixed

No, not good.  Ignoring the fact that the command is broken, and no time
to look right now, but the `dirname $(gcc
-print-libgcc-file-name)`/include/limits.h file needs the
../include-fixed/syslimits.h, which includes this string.  Removing the
gcc version of limits.h may or may not work.  I haven't tried it.  I've
got to go...check back later tonight.

-- DJ Lucas