Toolchain Adjustment broken?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 20 06:21:25 PDT 2008

Greg Schafer wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>> I think this is the right answer. Greg, if you're reading, do you have
>> any comments to make on this topic?
>
> None at all, sorry. Next Gen build method utilizes cross compilation for
> the initial Pass 1 toolchain which avoids fixincludes problems altogether.
> But I suspect you're right in that the current LFS dev build is wrong. But
> I can't say for sure because - the old build method is just so dated,
> clunky, inefficient, etc - that I refuse to waste brain cells on it :-)

Yeah, if you recall, even before you devised your next gen method, this
is the direction Alexander and I wanted to go, and I do think it's the
right way.

LFS moves slowly, though, and people are pushing for a release in the
near future. So that means making sure the current build method works.
After that, we can start looking at cross compiling the initial
toolchain like you do.

--
JH