Findutils-4.4.0 testsuite failure (r8685)

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 21 10:04:25 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I just came across the following failure in Findutils-4.4.0 testsuite:

FAIL: old_prefix: locate failed, /sources/findutils-4.4.0/locate/testsuite/../locate: 'tmp/locatedb': No such file or directory

Yet again, it appears that Mr Schafer has already hit this, as detailed at http://www.diy-linux.org/pipermail/diy-linux-dev/2008-April.txt.  The solution is to just move Gawk up above Findutils in the chapter 6 build order.  If someone wants me to raise a ticket for this I will gladly do so.

Regards,

Matt.