Please review for Man-DB changes

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 22 20:50:51 PDT 2008

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

Thanks Bruce.
> I don't care for the wording:
>
> "Use a sed substitution to delete the “/usr/man” and “/usr/local/man” lines in
> the man_db.conf file to prevent redundant results when using programs such as
> whatis:"
>
> How about: "Since LFS sets /usr/man and /usr/local/man as symlinks, delete
> lines in the configuration file that cause redundant results when using programs
> such as whatis."

Nor did I care for that variant after I read it aloud.  I went with a
mix, but I'm still open to suggestions.
> s/overcome/fixed/
>
> s/This script was written, and included in LFS to overcome this problem.
> The script will allow you to pass an in and out value to convert man pages to
> and from legacy 8-bit and UTF-8 encodings./The following script will allow you
> to convert man pages to and from legacy 8-bit and UTF-8 encodings./

Oops.  I ditched the '8-bit' part because it is not accurate (not all
legacy encodings are 8-bit).  All other changes made verbatim and put
into the same location for further review.

Thanks again.

-- DJ Lucas