ICA/Farce

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 25 17:31:17 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 05:36:02PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:
> Hey guys.  Is there any recent documentation on the expectations of
> farce or ICA?  I'm out of time for the weekend, so figured now was a
> good time to fire off and let it fly.  Doing only 2 passes of chapter6
> with both comparison methods checked.  What are the advantages of 3 or
> more passes?

 Farce is now "unsupported".  There was a batch of testing for 6.3
(? or maybe it was 6.2) - I had some iffy results (inexplicable
differences), so did archaic, and maybe others (this was all on x86).

 Before that, I'd been seeing a lot of apparent differences somewhere
in the toolchain on x86_64.  I think I had a few things already marked
as "this always differs", but extending that without an understanding
of why things differed didn't seem a sensible idea.

 If it still works for you, that's great, but I can't say if it will
reliably work for everyone.

ĸen