ICA/Farce

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 26 14:39:42 PDT 2008

Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 10/26/08 16:32 CST:
> Greg Schafer wrote:
>> I've never looked at jhalfs but I understand it implements my ICA
>> algorithms. My own scripts have been getting exceptionally clean
>> results lately now that the randomness in GCC builds has apparently gone
>> as of GCC 4.3. I'll happily check any results you can post up.
>
> Umm, no.  jhalfs parses the xml of the book and creates a Makefile that builds
> by the LFS book.  Actually, it is quite convenient.

It was my understanding that the ICA stuff was built into jhalfs.
You just had to set the switch for it to actually do it.

I could be wrong, but it seems Manual used to do that all the time.
Gee, I miss Manual being around.

--
Randy

rmlinux: [bogomips 3992.15] [GNU ld version 2.17] [gcc (GCC) 4.1.2]
[GNU C Library stable release version 2.5] [Linux 2.6.21.5 i686]
16:37:01 up 4 days, 7:48, 5 users, load average: 3.25, 2.53, 2.36