ICA/Farce

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 06:51:38 PDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au> wrote:

> I've never looked at jhalfs but I understand it implements my ICA
> algorithms. My own scripts have been getting exceptionally clean
> results lately now that the randomness in GCC builds has apparently gone
> as of GCC 4.3. I'll happily check any results you can post up.

I'm obviously out of the loop on building toolchains, but the most
recent ICA issues with gcc was that a checksum of the .o files was
built into the gcc binary. Since DIY uses LDFLAGS="-s", the .o files
are stripped as they're linked. The checksum for the .o files is then
always the same since the debug symbols are gone when the checksum is
taken. In LFS, the stripping is always done after the fact, but by
then the checksum has been built into the binary. But, that was a
couple releases ago.

--
Dan