Building SVN-20081028 on a Playstation 3

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Wed Oct 29 03:36:18 PDT 2008

Selon John Frankish <frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com>:

> The ps3 cell processor is 64bit, but ydl-6 is compiled 32bit. Due to
> the ps3 memory limitation - 256MB - I'm not sure building a 64bit lfs
> system would be a good idea...
>
> John

I don't think we support the full compilation from a 64b cpu to a 32b target.
At least LFS does not work like this for x86.
Probably CLFS is more appropriate for that.

But we have an efficient way to workaround.
We compile linux32 in the first toolchain build (on the 32b machine), and
toolchain is packaged as a tar.gz.

Then to compile on a 64b cpu, you just have to use that packaged toolchain and
everything after if the same as on a 32b cpu.
But we don't have actually the toolchain package uploaded on sourceforge.

Gilles