Building GCC-4.3.2

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 29 08:51:19 PDT 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:45:24 -0700, Rob Thornton <rob_t at shaw.ca> wrote:
> This is my first post so I may be way late to the party, but I've found
> the following "bugs" in the unstable LFS tree(svn20081026):
>
> 2) 5.5. GCC-4.3.2 - Pass 1: There is no explanation for the compile
> option...
>
> --disable-libssp
>
> ...in the list of meanings.

Hi Rob, and welcome!  Thanks for taking the time to try out the bleeding edge of LFS, and reporting your experiences.  As it happens, the issues you mention have already been reported and are being tracked at http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2263.

If you run into any other issues, though, please don't hesitate to let us know about them.  You can see a list of all open tickets at http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/report/3 to see if they have been reported and/or are being worked on by the editors.

Regards,

Matt.