About the future format for LFS (reworded)

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 10:09:44 PDT 2008

Matthew Burgess wrote:

> the biggest
> barrier I think we have, is the fact that xmllint and xsltproc couldn't
> handle RNG documents correctly.

To me this is a show stopper.  We need those or the equivalent programs to
generate the book in its various forms, wget-list, etc.

> After spending all this effort, just to get us to the same state as we're in
> currently (i.e. can validate and render the book sources), what, definitively
> do we gain?

I asked this question yesterday too.  Until that is answered satisfactorily, I
don't think the current build method will be changed.  As of right now, I just
don't see any significant benefit, but a lot of effort.

   -- Bruce