initd-tools-0.1.1

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 7 08:08:33 PDT 2008

Jens Stroebel wrote:
> The layout of LFS bootscripts right now seems to be that the init.d- and
> rc*.d-directories live under /etc/rc.d.
>
> Will this change (maybe because of LSB) in the future?

According to the 3.2 core specification, LSB does not require this, and
does not even require that you use a Sys-V compatible init system.  That
said, /etc/init.d is not optional, however, a symlink is sufficient.
When I did the contrib bootscripts directory, I chose to move them to
/etc/init.d and /etc/rc?.d, but that is contrib and not targeted for LFS
inclusion (at least not yet ;-) ).

-- DJ Lucas