New personal experimental book

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 02:27:50 PDT 2008

I wrote:
> And in fact I would strongly prefer a 8-line patch to Man to ignore
> non-English manual pages completely (instead of unconfigured groff-utf8 and
> hard-coded special-casing Japanese in Man-1.6f in a way that works only
> with Debian-patched Groff), as it saves the editors from all the encoding
> validation work. This is rather trivial

Attached. One of the reasons for this destructive approach is that Greg
Schafer doesn't accept anything into DIY that he doesn't fully understand,
and I want manual pages and error messages to be readable in DIY by default,
too. Obviously, complete removal of support for translated manual pages by
this patch makes groff-utf8 unneeded. "+lang none" is still needed.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov