udev 1.42 : vol_id missing *SOLVED*

blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com
Sat Jun 20 17:45:14 PDT 2009

> Tobias Gasser wrote:

> If this builds a mkswap that skips adding UUIDs to new swap partitions,
> then I'm not sure it's the best fix.  Certainly not long-term, when
> util-linux-ng-2.16 is supposed to be out "real soon now" with libuuid
> included.
>
> Of course, that depends on when "real soon now" actually is...

Util-linux could be probably happen any day now, but blkid and uuid had
been changing pretty rapidly last time I looked (a week or so ago).  I
backported a large patchset for my personal use against 2.15.{0,1}
including the blkid move and the uuid addition.  I also hacked up a
--disable-libuuid pacth for e2fsprogs, again for my personal use. Along
with the above suggestions, adding pkg-config early in chapter 6, and
--disable-libuuid, everything seems to check out.

Now, while 'any day now' is a possibility for util-linux-ng, I haven't
heard anything of the like for e2fsprogs (which doesn't mean anything, but
I've got it covered if we need it early).  Scott's patch (from redhat,
very similar to mine) is also not applied yet for --disable-uuid.

Finally, back to util-linux-ng, per private mail with Karl Zak, distros
are only using static linking for libuuid, so *we* may want to change
Requires.private in the uuid.pc file, as we don't have to deal with the
dependency hell of RPM or DEB.

-- DJ Lucas