udev 1.42 : vol_id missing *SOLVED*

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Mon Jun 22 08:45:20 PDT 2009


Selon Tobias Gasser <lfs at ebp-gasser.ch>:

> Bruce Dubbs schrieb:
> > Static linking for this is OK with me, but do we know all the packages that
> use
> > libuuid?
>
>
> i don't link anything static. i move all .a files out of the library
> path if there is a corresponding .so available.
>
> excptions are the modutils package (which require libc and libz to be
> linked static), and sysvinit (libcrypt) where i copy the static
> libraries back during the build.
>
that's no more true concerning libz.
On module-init-tools-3.8, there is a new --enable-zlib-dynamic parameter.
insmod,rmmod,modprobe are much smaller without static libz.

Gilles

>
> grep "blkid" in /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin, /usr/sbin, /lib and /usr/lib
> lists the following files:
>
> Binary file bin/mount matches
> Binary file bin/umount matches
> Binary file sbin/blkid matches
> Binary file sbin/debugfs matches
> Binary file sbin/e2fsck matches
> Binary file sbin/e2label matches
> Binary file sbin/findfs matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck.ext2 matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck.ext3 matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck.ext4 matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck.ext4dev matches
> Binary file sbin/mke2fs matches
> Binary file sbin/mkfs.ext2 matches
> Binary file sbin/mkfs.ext3 matches
> Binary file sbin/mkfs.ext4 matches
> Binary file sbin/mkfs.ext4dev matches
> Binary file sbin/swapoff matches
> Binary file sbin/swapon matches
> Binary file sbin/tune2fs matches
> Binary file lib/libblkid.so matches
> Binary file lib/libblkid.so.1 matches
> Binary file lib/libblkid.so.1.0 matches
> Binary file lib/libblkid.so.1.0.0 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/e2initrd_helper matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libblkid.so matches
>
>
> only util-linux-ng and e2fsprogs.
>
>
>
> and grep "uuid" the following:
>
> Binary file bin/mount matches
> Binary file bin/umount matches
> Binary file usr/bin/eventlogadm matches
> Binary file usr/bin/ldbadd matches
> Binary file usr/bin/ldbdel matches
> Binary file usr/bin/ldbedit matches
> Binary file usr/bin/ldbmodify matches
> Binary file usr/bin/ldbrename matches
> Binary file usr/bin/ldbsearch matches
> Binary file usr/bin/net matches
> Binary file usr/bin/nmblookup matches
> Binary file usr/bin/ntlm_auth matches
> Binary file usr/bin/pdbedit matches
> Binary file usr/bin/profiles matches
> Binary file usr/bin/rpcclient matches
> Binary file usr/bin/sharesec matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbcacls matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbclient matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbcontrol matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbcquotas matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbget matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbpasswd matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbspool matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbstatus matches
> Binary file usr/bin/smbtree matches
> Binary file usr/bin/testparm matches
> Binary file usr/bin/uuidgen matches
> Binary file usr/bin/wbinfo matches
> Binary file sbin/blkid matches
> Binary file sbin/debugfs matches
> Binary file sbin/dumpe2fs matches
> Binary file sbin/e2fsck matches
> Binary file sbin/e2label matches
> Binary file sbin/findfs matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck.ext2 matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck.ext3 matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck.ext4 matches
> Binary file sbin/fsck.ext4dev matches
> Binary file sbin/mke2fs matches
> Binary file sbin/mkfs.ext2 matches
> Binary file sbin/mkfs.ext3 matches
> Binary file sbin/mkfs.ext4 matches
> Binary file sbin/mkfs.ext4dev matches
> Binary file sbin/mkswap matches
> Binary file sbin/swapoff matches
> Binary file sbin/swapon matches
> Binary file sbin/tune2fs matches
> Binary file usr/sbin/uuidd matches
> Binary file lib/libblkid.so matches
> Binary file lib/libblkid.so.1 matches
> Binary file lib/libblkid.so.1.0 matches
> Binary file lib/libblkid.so.1.0.0 matches
> Binary file lib/libe2p.so.2 matches
> Binary file lib/libe2p.so.2.3 matches
> Binary file lib/libnss_wins.so matches
> Binary file lib/libnss_wins.so.2 matches
> Binary file lib/libuuid.so.1 matches
> Binary file lib/libuuid.so.1.2 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libapr-1.so matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libapr-1.so.0 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libapr-1.so.0.3.3 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libaprutil-1.so matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0.3.4 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libblkid.so matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libcups.so matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libcups.so.2 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libe2p.so matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so.0.1800.4 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libnetapi.so matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libnetapi.so.0 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libsmbclient.so matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0 matches
> Binary file usr/lib/libuuid.so matches
>
> besides util-linux-ng and e2fsprogs this are samba, apache (apr*), glib
> (libgio), cups which all are not from lfs.
>
>
> this is a server, i have no X installed!
>
>
>
> btw: as william explained, udev has to be built *after* util-linux-ng to
> have udev 1.42, util-linux-ng 2.15.1 and e2fsprogs 1.41.6 compiled and
> running without problems. i just forgott to mention this in my earlier
> post... sorry!
>
>
> tobias
>
>
> --
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/lfs-dev
> FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/
> Unsubscribe: See the above information page
>



Gilles



More information about the lfs-dev mailing list