Util-linux-ng-2.16-rc1 in Chapter 5

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Mon Jun 29 22:03:00 PDT 2009

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I was experimenting with Util-linux-ng-2.16-rc1 and we may need to
> fix up what we do in chapter 5.  Right now we:
>
> cp -v disk-utils/mkswap mount/{,u}mount text-utils/more /tools/bin
>
> But in 2.16 the disk-utils/mkswap mount/{,u}mount programs are
> scripts with the following comments:

Ah, libtool.

:-/

Might work to do something like:

./libtool --mode=install install -v -m0755 disk-utils/mkswap /tools/bin
./libtool --mode=install install -v -m0755 mount/mount /tools/bin
./libtool --mode=install install -v -m0755 mount/umount /tools/bin

from the top-level util-linux-ng directory.  (Optionally providing the
binary after /tools/bin if needed.)  That way libtool will process the
script and find the .libs/* binary, installing that into the final
system, instead of us just copying a random script around.

It might also work to "make -C disk-utils install" / "make -C mount
install", but I don't know what else that will require, or install...

> I'm guessing that we'll have to do a full build/install into tools,
> but I haven't checked it out yet.

That would work as well, of course.