procps watch patch

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 15 14:56:21 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Following the recent procps release, I submitted our unicode patch upstream.

Here's the feedback I got:

> Do you happen to know if this causes troublefor people doing embedded stuff?
> They don't always use glibc.

So, does anyone have any experience of using non-Glibc systems, and if so,
would you be able to audit and/or test the patch[0] to see whether it would
run on such systems?

In addition, Albert was concerned about the lack of a testsuite for 'watch',
so if folks here could confirm it works correctly with the patch applied
under both unicode & non-unicode environments, I'd appreciate it.  I can
test it under en_GB & en_GB.UTF-8, of course, but I don't think those are
anywhere near exotic enough to trigger unicode issues like this.

Thanks,

Matt

[0] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/procps/procps-3.2.8-watch_unicode-1.patch