LFS-6.5 Issues

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:02:44 PDT 2009

As discussed at http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2391, we've run into
an issue with util-linux-ng.  The best solution appears to hold off LFS-6.5
until util-linux-ng-2.16 is released in 2 to 3 weeks.  This change will also
affect e2fsprogs as libuuid is being transitioned from e2fsprogs to util-linux-ng.

While we have this extra time, I'm proposing that we address some of the other
tickets that are targeted for LFS-7.0.

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=milestone&order=priority

It appears to me that #2266 and #2401 could be promoted to 6.5.  We might also
want to consider #1929, #3092, and even #2073 and #2184.   I'd add #2337 to this
list, but I really don't have the background to address alternate character sets.

As far as the current 6.5 tickets go, I plan on providing input to #2398 and
#2399 as soon as we finalize the package issues.

Considering the above, I'll take ownership of any tickets that Matt would like
me to do.  If others would like to handle specific tickets, lets discuss here.

Comments?

   -- Bruce