LFS-6.5 Issues

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 22 15:23:31 PDT 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 13:02:44 -0500, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> As discussed at http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/2391, we've run
> into
> an issue with util-linux-ng.  The best solution appears to hold off
> LFS-6.5
> until util-linux-ng-2.16 is released in 2 to 3 weeks.  This change will
> also
> affect e2fsprogs as libuuid is being transitioned from e2fsprogs to
> util-linux-ng.

I'd agree with that approach.  Given that udev-142 requires util-linux-ng
>= 2.15 and the latest hal also requires the same, it makes sense to hold off
until util-linux-ng & e2fsprogs release stable versions that play well
together.

> While we have this extra time, I'm proposing that we address some of the
> other
> tickets that are targeted for LFS-7.0.
>
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=milestone&order=priority
>
> It appears to me that #2266 and #2401 could be promoted to 6.5.  We might
> also
> want to consider #1929, #3092, and even #2073 and #2184.   I'd add #2337
> to this
> list, but I really don't have the background to address alternate
> character sets.

I have a patch for #2401 in my local working copy.  I've submitted a
patch upstream for #2337, so I'm more than happy to just wait for a new
release of kbd.  It's a pretty trivial issue.

> As far as the current 6.5 tickets go, I plan on providing input to #2398
> and
> #2399 as soon as we finalize the package issues.
>
> Considering the above, I'll take ownership of any tickets that Matt would
> like
> me to do.  If others would like to handle specific tickets, lets discuss
> here.

I'll take ownership for the package upgrade tickets I currently have
patches for.  Other than that, feel free to take on anything you fancy.
I'm hoping to have my patches committed tomorrow, if not Sunday.

Regards,

Matt.