glibc-2.10.1 make check fails

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sun May 24 14:15:22 PDT 2009

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> The build of glibc-2.10.1 goes without a problem, but make check fails even with
> the -k parameter:
>
> /usr/bin/perl scripts/begin-end-check.pl argp/argp.h ...
>    > /sources/glibc-build/begin-end-check.out
> make[1]: Target `check' not remade because of errors.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/glibc-2.10.1'
> make: *** [check] Error 2

Hmm; isn't this normal with "make -k"?  It runs through all its targets'
dependencies, and if any of them fail, keeps going -- but still fails at
the end, and gives this "target `xxx' not remade because of errors"
message.

Or at least, that's what "make -k" was doing for me in a different setup
(well, "different" as in "not glibc"), where I knew there were compile
errors in lots of files, but wanted to build as much as possible anyway,
to see all the files that needed to be fixed still.

Unless the scripts/begin-end-check.pl isn't the last test to normally
run?  That would be a problem...