glibc-2.10.1 make check fails

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 25 08:30:08 PDT 2009

On Mon, 25 May 2009 01:53:33 -0500, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I've got the problem solved.  My errors are similar to the above, but
> the only errors I'm getting are tst-fgetwc.out and annexc.out.

Firstly, apologies for not noting the failures I saw when committing the upgrade.
I get the same failures as you, Bruce.  I've seen the annexc.out failure for as
long as I can remember.  I took a quick look on google for the tst-fgetwc failure
but couldn't see anything obvious.

> I think our options are to
>
> 1.  Ignore the error
> 2.  Document the error
> 3.  Modify the files to fix the test case.  That will take two separate
> seds:

I'd go for option 3, as I did recently for the binutils' testcase that fails
under Glibc-2.10.1.  Thanks for figuring out the fix!

Regards,

Matt.