glibc-2.10.1 make check fails

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon May 25 09:25:17 PDT 2009

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> On Mon, 25 May 2009 01:53:33 -0500, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK, I've got the problem solved.  My errors are similar to the above, but
>> the only errors I'm getting are tst-fgetwc.out and annexc.out.
>
> Firstly, apologies for not noting the failures I saw when committing the upgrade.
> I get the same failures as you, Bruce.  I've seen the annexc.out failure for as
> long as I can remember.  I took a quick look on google for the tst-fgetwc failure
> but couldn't see anything obvious.
>
>> I think our options are to
>>
>> 1.  Ignore the error
>> 2.  Document the error
>> 3.  Modify the files to fix the test case.  That will take two separate
>> seds:
>
> I'd go for option 3, as I did recently for the binutils' testcase that fails
> under Glibc-2.10.1.  Thanks for figuring out the fix!

OK, I'll update the book.  It was very time consuming to find the error and fix
it because I ended up rebuilding the whole package several times.  I've notified
upstream of the problem and the fix.

I can see why the problem was missed.  In most cases the developer would already
have the locale in their system.  It was only in a chroot environment where
locales are not installed does it show up.

   -- Bruce