LFS-6.5 Status

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 26 13:26:56 PDT 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 14:32:48 -0500, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> #2398 	Coreutils-7.4 fails 2 stty tests  unassigned
>
> I could not duplicate this problem.  I recommend closing, but Matt should
> do it.

Thanks, Bruce.  Before I close this, I'd like a shout out from anyone using
either VirtualBox or jhalfs as I suspect one or the other is the cause of
this issue.  They're the only things I can think of that may affect stty like
this.  Bruce, as you'll be using jhalfs to tackle the build-logs issue, it'd
be interesting to see if you run into this issue then.

> #2399 	GCC-4.4.0 fails 7 tests unexpectedly 	unassigned
>
> I could duplicate this, but it's a known common issue.   I recommend
> closing, but Matt should do it.

I think the exsiting note covers these failures, so I've closed it now.

> #2410 	Inconsistencies in Chapter 5 glibc 	unassigned
>
> This is a text only change in an abbreviated discussion of locales.  I'd
> fix it, but I don't know what should be said.  I'm looking for feedback here.

Added to the ticket.

> #2418 	6.25. Grep-2.5.4 test errors  unassigned
>
> The text doesn't match my results.  I'd like to get confirmation on this
> one. Again, I'll take it if someone else doesn't get it before the weekend.

Confirmed.  I'll hopefully take a look at the text some time this week.

> #2419 	gdbm sbu and disk usage values are missing from packages.ent
> bdubbs
>
> I'll fix this when I do #2330

Thanks.  As I'm constrained to building under a VirtualBox environment, I
don't trust my SBUs to be anywhere near accurate.

> =============
>
> Selected tickets marked for 7.0 that could be done for 6.5 while we are
> waiting
>
> #2337  	 Kbd-1.15 doesn't map U+2010 to U+002d in lat1-16 font
> unassigned
>
> I'm thinking that a short hint be written to address this and a pointer be
> placed in the book to the pointer.  Comments?

I wouldn't even both, to be honest Bruce.  I'd just mark this as WONTFIX, or
even introduce a new status/resolution as 'UPSTREAM'.  This has been fixed
upstream so we're just waiting on a new release (a lot like our
Util-Linux-NG/E2fsprogs ticket).

Thanks,

Matt.