LFS-6.5 Status

Emmanuel Trillaud etrillaud at gmail.com
Tue May 26 13:26:44 PDT 2009

I am currently translating some hints in french, including the
optimization one. I was planning to proposed a patch soon to update the
hint and I saw your status report on LFS 6.5.

> #2414  	 Evaluate Optimization hint   unassigned
here is some things that could be change :
* the hint seems to recommand the use of -O3 by default. I read some doc
  (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-optimization.xml) which
  recommands to not use -O3 with the 4.x series
* the links to the online gcc doc point to the doc of gcc 3.3.1 : this should be
  update
* the external link (http://www.freehackers.org/gentoo/gccflags/flag_gcc3.html)
  in no longer valid. It could be replace by :
  http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Safe_Cflags
* some minor clean up could be done too

If you are interrested by my remarks, I can provide a patch.

Best regards

Emmanuel