Experiences with make-3.82 and glibc-2.12.1 after LFS

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 5 16:22:09 PDT 2010

Still building my new system (I've just got to the gnome packages),
and the experience after LFS wasn't catastrophic.

So far, one build failure with the glibc changes (nfs-utils - I'm
stuck on 1.2.0, will be looking at upgrading once the build has
finished).

Rather more failures with make-3.82, and as I expected they are
in the av packages.  However, the failures were mostly more
straightforward to fix than I had expected.

So far, audacious-plugins (2.2, but looks like 2.3 and 2.4-beta
will also be affected), gstreamer-0.10.29 and the corresponding
gst-plugins-base (and probably the other plugins when I get to
them, also cdrdao-1.2.3 (looks like a gcc-4.5 issue).

I'll put the details on blfs-support, and (eventually) sort out
patches if the current versions need patching.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"