Radeon DRM

Duncan Baynes duncan.baynes at operand.com.au
Fri Mar 5 01:38:56 PST 2010

Hello,

Just built a 64bit lfs 6.6, everything went smoothly, excellent work as
always!

I've been playing around with the 2.6.33 kernel including the new radeon
driver.

The results are pretty awesome. I now have a high resolution console
that is a pleasure to use.  I was thinking it might be a nice feature to
add as an option... probably as a hint.

The basic path is as follows:

1) compile the 2.6.33 kernel with firmware support, initramfs and the
radeon driver enabled
2) create an initrd image for the kernel (there is a hint for this already)
3) decompress initrd image, mount it and insert the firmware bin for
your card
4) recompress the initrd image
5) make the relevant changes to grub.cfg to utlitise the initrd image
6) reboot

If anyone is interested I can provide a more detailed set of instructions...

Cheers,

Duncan