pkg-config problem

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 3 11:28:26 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 12:34:15PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> >  Now that I'm updating my desktop packages, I've got one where I
> > need to run autoreconf after patching, and that blows up with
> >
> > error: possibly undefined macro: AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FDdnl
> >
> >  This is caused by underquoting in pkg.m4, but only apparent with
> > autoconf-0.66 and later.  I've put a patch from upstream to fix
> > pkg-config in patches/ : any objections to adding it before 6.7 ?
>
> Do you mean autoconf-2.66 and later?
 Yes.  At least I got he right version in the patch description.

> I think we can do this with a sed instead of a patch.  There are only
> two lines changed and they only insert a [].
>
>    -- Bruce
sed -i -e '/^_PKG_TEXT/s/dnl/[]dnl/' \
       -e '/^To get/s/dnl/[]dnl/' pkg.m4

will do it, for those who dislike patching.  The simple "change
'])dnl'" version I tried also changed other lines.

 In this case, I started with an upstream patch in front of me.

ĸen