[lfs-6.7-rc1] Gcc 4.5.1 Chapter 6 Test Errors

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 09:31:40 PDT 2010

Estevão Becker wrote:
> Hello! So, while testing gcc on Chapter 6 of the 6.7-rc1, I`ve found some
> unusual errors regarding limits-exprparen.c which are not found on
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/ neither on
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/
>
> I`m wondering if I can keep going with my install.

I think you can.  I've seen this error and it's due to a huge number of
nested parentheses. (gcc.c-torture).  I't not something you'd see in
practice.  Soemthing (bash?, kernel?) is running out of stack space.  I
don't know if there is a way to adjust things or not, but I am pretty
sure it's not a real problem.

   -- Bruce