[lfs-6.7-rc1] Gcc 4.5.1 Chapter 6 Test Errors

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 09:43:33 PDT 2010

Estevão Becker wrote:
> Hello! So, while testing gcc on Chapter 6 of the 6.7-rc1, I`ve found some
> unusual errors regarding limits-exprparen.c which are not found on
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/ neither on
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/

See what you get with 'ulimit -a'.  I get:

$ ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 32
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 16372
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

Upgrade the stack limit with 'ulimit -s 32768' and rerun the tests to
see if they continue to fail.

   -- Bruce