[Ch 6.22] sparse-fiemap test fails

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 08:51:32 PST 2011

Tadeus (Eus) Prastowo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When following Chapter 6.22 on Coreutils-8.10, the test suite fails
> for sparse-fiemap on ext4 filesystem. The problem is discussed and
> fixed here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-coreutils/2011-02/msg00054.html
>
> Therefore, I propose the attached patch against the latest revision of
> LFS SVN (revision 9481) as well as the coreutils patch to be put in
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/lfs/development/

I'm really reluctant to add a patch to fix a testcase.  It would be much
easier to just say that the sparse_fiemap test sometimes fails (if
that).  We can't chase every fix for every package as they hit version
control.

The fix will be automatically incorporated when coreutils makes their
next release.  Actually, I'm slightly suprised they haven't released
yet, but I think we'll get it this month.

coreutils-8.6.tar.xz             15-Oct-2010
coreutils-8.7.tar.xz             13-Nov-2010
coreutils-8.8.tar.xz             22-Dec-2010
coreutils-8.9.tar.xz             04-Jan-2011
coreutils-8.10.tar.xz            04-Feb-2011

   -- Bruce