LFS-BOOK-6.8.pdf - error, p. 56

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 9 09:49:43 PST 2011

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 11:40:58 -0600, Andy Prough <andyprough at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> p. 56 of the PDF version:
>      cp -rv dest/include/* /tools/include
>
> should be:
>      cp -rv dest/include/* tools/include

Why do you think that?  Here, we're installing the Linux API headers under
the /tools/include directory so that they're available for Glibc to use in
the next section ("--with-headers=/tools/include" in section 5.7.1 on p57 of
the PDF version).

If you omit the preceding /, you'll end up with the headers being installed in
a tools directory under the current source directory, which will then be removed
when that source directory is deleted as per the general directions (step 3d on
page 51 of the PDF version).

Thanks,

Matt.