Thinking forward LFS-7.0

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 13 23:52:06 PDT 2011

On 03/14/2011 01:25 AM, Nathan Coulson wrote:

> I should finish that writeup someday...  There was some change we made
> to the gcc page that I couldn't quite make work w/ multilib, so I just
> used the old way.

I kept track of and documented my changes to CLFS Multi-Lib x86_64. If
you'd like, I can send you the text file and alternate patches. It has
been a couple of months since I did this, but should still be mostly
relevant if you want to move to the cross tool build. Big text file
1300+ lines but includes full build instructions for packages that I
deviated on, and LFS-ized where CLFS differs. You'd be largely on your
own (as I am), but this is no different than where you are now. :-) I
had thought about trying to maintain an internal copy in docbook source,
but it is just entirely too much work and I've got enough of that as is. :-)

-- DJ Lucas