Thinking forward LFS-7.0

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 14 17:07:07 PDT 2011

Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:39:04PM -0500, DJ Lucas wrote:

>> * Multi-lib - Shunned previously, but there are many projects that
>> expect this environment.

> For people who build from source, which projects *expect* multilib on
>x86_64 ?

For me, Virtualbox and WINE. AOSP is out as well for our users as the cross toolchains require 32bit libs. I could get around that with a little bit of work, or if I had Virtual Box or Wine handy. :-)

Don't know about Bochs. Possible? It was insatiably slow last time I tried it. Any guest addins for Bochs? Other suggestions?

-- DJ