Thinking forward LFS-7.0

James Robertson jwrober at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:27:32 PDT 2011

On 3/14/2011 12:44 AM, DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 03/14/2011 12:03 AM, Nathan Coulson wrote:
>>
> Yes, please! Another set of eyes and additional brain power is always
> welcome! You should still have commit privs so feel free to help
> yourself. The current 'stable' boot scripts are the remnants after we
> ripped out the i18n additions. Though they are stable, they still
> contain a lot of cruft such as boot_mesg which is largely unneeded. I
> wound up doing a complete rewrite of rc and a single conditional
> source of the configuration files in lsb-v3. IOW, at the cost of
> possibly faster conditional logic, they only get sourced by the script
> if running outside of rc in the lsb-v3 directory. I honestly don't
> remember what the 'stty sane' issue was caused by, but I have never
> been able to reproduce it since and saw no reason to source the files
> in every single sub-shell. BTW, Dan's initd-tools has moved. He is
> currently hosting them in his home directory on freedesktop.org.

boot_mesg was from me.  It has long since been unneeded.  I was
attempting to provide a way to change how the boot messages were
displayed on the screen.  It can be pulled out at any time.

I think any improvements in the boot scripts, link management and lsb
compliance are all good items to v7.

James