Thinking forward LFS-7.0

Ilya Kaliman ilya.kaliman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:59:04 PDT 2011

> Also, last time I checked (23.1.1), GNU Emacs was 32-bit only, and
> there were no plans of porting it to x86_64. Which I found unusual,
> given that it is one of the most ported pieces of software in the world.

On my pure x86_64 system latest emacs 23.3 compiles and works
perfectly fine. Maybe there are some components in emacs (like X
interface) which require 32 bit. In that case you would already have
32 bit libs in place for the prerequisites to work. For work in the
terminal pure 64 bit is perfectly fine.

Best,
Ilya.