gcc-4.6.0

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 10:18:18 PDT 2011

Hello World,
I see that gcc-4.6.0 is out. I tried to use it but the build fails at
the first pass in libquadmath with an error about GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
So I added --disable-libquadmath to the configure line but it didn't
help. It still fails in libiberty like so:

checking for intptr_t... no
checking for uintptr_t... no
checking for ssize_t... no
checking for pid_t... no
checking for library containing strerror... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2
andy:/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build$

/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu/libiberty/config.log
doesn't give me any clues.

Google suggests that this has got something to do with it being a cross
compiler but I haven't found a solution yet. Has anyone else got any
further?

Andy