gcc-4.6.0

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 29 05:12:42 PDT 2011

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 18:18:18 +0100, Andrew Benton <b3nton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello World,
> I see that gcc-4.6.0 is out. I tried to use it but the build fails at
> the first pass in libquadmath with an error about GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> So I added --disable-libquadmath to the configure line but it didn't
> help. It still fails in libiberty like so:
>

> checking for intptr_t... no
> checking for uintptr_t... no
> checking for ssize_t... no
> checking for pid_t... no
> checking for library containing strerror... configure: error: Link tests
> are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> andy:/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build$

Hi Andy,

This is now being discussed at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2011-03/msg00461.html.

Could you see if Ralf's suggestion in reply to that message works for you?

../gcc-4.6.0/configure \
    --target=$LFS_TGT --prefix=/tools \
    --disable-nls --disable-shared --disable-multilib \
    --disable-decimal-float --disable-threads \
    --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp \
    --disable-libgomp --disable-libquadmath --enable-languages=c \
    --without-ppl --without-cloog \
    target_configargs='lt_cv_shlibpath_overrides_runpath=yes'

hopefully does the trick.

Regards,

Matt.