Using the LSB Bootscripts

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Sun May 8 19:51:30 PDT 2011

On May 8, 2011, at 7:46 PM, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> I do think putting the service scripts under a subdirectory /lib is
> good, but maybe /lib/network-services or something (to be more explicit)
> would be better than plain "services".

As long as the scripts are 100% parameterized so that any "normal/supported" configuration can be done without modifying the scripts themselves, /lib/network(-services) sounds good to me. I'd like to avoid putting any actual configuration data outside of /etc though -- I'm both a curmudgeon and someone who leaves /lib mounted read-only.

	Zach