Using the LSB Bootscripts

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at lightcubesolutions.com
Tue May 10 06:43:59 PDT 2011

On 5/9/11 11:36 PM, Bryan Kadzban wrote:
> Right, but the former /etc/sysconfig/network* was also default
> configuration for how the bootscripts run.  Well, the network script
> anyway.  :-)

Just ifup/ifdown (which are now in /sbin) and network-services/* which
is now in /lib/{network-}services - maybe I'm missing something?

> So networking goes down before the per-client sshd processes, and the
> kernel isn't smart enough to kill those connections at interface-down
> time.  :-(

Well, that's actually a feature and not a bug. If your connection gets
interrupted temporarily by forces outside your control, you want the
session to be restored without interrupt.

> In that case, this should work.  Maybe with a comment explaining why
> it's necessary though.

Yeah, I should have pasted the two comments that Fedora has in their
scripts, too:

         # if we are in halt or reboot runlevel kill all running sessions
         # so the TCP connections are closed cleanly

Thanks,

JH