Changes to contrib bootscripts

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 14 21:12:34 PDT 2011

On 05/14/2011 04:09 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
>> On 05/14/2011 02:47 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>>> DJ,
>>>      You need to change the version/release date in general.ent and
>>> lfs-bootscripts-version in packages.ent to actually publish the
>>> bootscript changes.
>>>
>>> Do you wnat me to do it?
>>>
>>>      -- Bruce
>> No, I'm still working on them. Besides, they are in contrib and are no
>> longer compatible with the instructions in the book. I have just about
>> completed the necessary changes. I made a mistake when I reread the
>> original thread and put the interface configuration files in
>> /etc/network-devices instead of /etc/network. The big changes are coming
>> in a few moments, after I go back and fix the placement of the network
>> config files. There is really no need for a change in the book until we
>> are ready to switch (which requires some other changes to the book
>> anyway). I also plan to move them out of the bootscripts folder before
>> they go into the book and move the old to bootscripts-old afterward.
>> I'll post a patch for the necessary book, udev-config, and rendering
>> changes to the list at that time.
> OK, sounds good.
>
>     -- Bruce
Attached patch is pretty invasive, 33 KB uncompressed. :-) I wasn't sure
whether to leave inittab in the book where it is currently, but I am
thinking from a packaging POV that it should remain as is and be removed
from the bootscripts tarball now. It was required in the tarball
previously because of the path changes.

-- DJ Lucas