DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 14 21:36:30 PDT 2011

On 05/14/2011 04:37 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:
> Everything is covered per this conversation in SVN with the exception of
> accounting for missing /run in LightCube OS, but I think it was decided
> that it would be added. Also no ip flush (I forgot, but will get it in a
> day or two) on down interface, and dhcp calls not accounted for.
I'll need to setup both DHCP clients to test functionality for this,
which is why I didn't just do it tonight. The problem I want to avoid is
if we do a flush, but the client daemon is still running, come
expiration, the client daemon might try to reconfigure the device...even
if it means adding dhcp logic in the lfs scripts (or replacing them in
BLFS). Also, is anyone still using RP for PPPoE, alos simple ppp, that
is willing to test? I unfortunately no longer have a ?DSL circuit to
test with so I'll need some help from somebody who does. I would think
if the link is set down the client daemons for the dhcp clients would
exit, but would ppp attempt to reconnect? I'm also thinking that the
added functionality for ifdown can be done in a modular way in
/lib/network-services so that it can be divvied up for each who needs it.

-- DJ Lucas