DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 17 19:50:26 PDT 2011

On 05/17/2011 08:54 AM, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> I do think we're getting a little overcomplicated here. Let's try to
> simplify expectations. Here's what I expect (and I *think* this is
> reasonable - you tell me :-) )
>
> When I run the equivalent of /etc/init.d/network stop:
>
> All devices configured to start ONBOOT are shut down,
Also anything configured by hotplug or any other method that uses
/sbin/ifup with a configuration file as the config file will be in the
state directory. When networking is stopped, there is no need to check
the value of ONBOOT. Conditions on the value of ONBOOT could actually be
harmful when stopping networking.

-- DJ Lucas