Changes to contrib bootscripts

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 19 15:16:43 PDT 2011

Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

>Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> Firstly, thanks for taking the time to do this, it looks pretty good
>to me.
>
>I haven't had time to review yet.
>
>> Secondly, what follows are probably bike-shed topics, but I'll throw
>my
>> 2p in along with everyone elses anyway :) :
>>
>> make-aux-files.sh: Why renaming things to lsb-bootscripts?  If we're
>> migrating (which I think we should), shouldn't we just move the lsb
>> scripts out of contrib and then continue to refer to the package as
>> the lfs-bootscripts?

Package name is still lfs-bootscripts, only directory name changed in svn. Reason is to avoid losing svn history (for both sets). At go time, we can 'svn mv' in whatever way is appropriate without losing history.

>I was thinking the same thing.  Also, would this change, along with the
>
>/run, etc changes, be enough to roll the LFS version to 7.0?

Maybe, up to you all. I've still got the DESTDIR changes POC coming along as well. Surprizingly, a lot changed to account for the /lib64 -> /lib hack so it doesn't present nearly as well as it used to.

-- DJ