Changes to contrib bootscripts

Robert Xu robxu9 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 09:17:34 PDT 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 08:10, Jeremy Huntwork
<jhuntwork at lightcubesolutions.com> wrote:
> On 5/21/11 2:48 AM, DJ Lucas wrote:
>> I do plan to add a "service" script later that would alleviate the issue
>> completely, as was suggested by Jeremy a few months ago, but I'm a
>> little stuck as far as how to handle multi-level, conditional tab
>> completions in bash, so it is on hold for a sec. Plus, I haven't seen
>> how Jeremy and Archaic handle that in LightCube OS yet. My simple
>> solution turned out to be not as simple as I had thought. That may even
>> turn out to be a C program included with initd-tools or somewhere
>> later...IDK as it hasn't been discussed yet. Jeremy, Archaic, any
>> ideas/suggestions on that?
>
> We've kept it simple, but possibly we have not met all the reqs:
>
> http://dev.lightcube.us/sources/lsb-bootscripts/service
>
> And then that's just installed to /usr/sbin:
>
> http://dev.lightcube.us/projects/lightcubeos/repository/entry/lightcube_os/trunk/packages/lsb-bootscripts/lsb-bootscripts.spec

Have you guys thought of using insserv? It's what SuSE has been using
for years and what Debian Squeeze and on is using.

Or, you could just symlink all the initscripts to a rc location in
/usr/sbin/rc<scriptnamehere>
like /usr/sbin/rcnetwork for tab completion.

--
later, Robert Xu