svn bootscripts

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon May 30 12:55:11 PDT 2011

DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 05/30/2011 12:34 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> In the latest svn, the bootscripts are lfs-bootscripts-20110424.
>>
>> I get an error:  make[1]: /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd: Command not found
>>
>> This was identified a week ago by xinglp, but I don't see a fix.
>>
>>     -- Bruce
> Either need to roll back the inadvertent commit to the bootscripts
> tarball job or move forward with the patch I sent in. Let me know if I
> should do this.

I'd appreciate it if you could do a revert.  I took a look at the patch
and it installs initd-tools as yet another package.  I looked at the
source to initd-tools and I don't understand why we need a C program to
do that.  It could be done in a shell script. That would require some
effort to create, but would be much easier to maintain.

Perhaps I can try writing the script after the middle of next month.  We
have a big deadline coming up.  After that,  I think I've earned about a
year of comp time.

   -- Bruce